The Whole Person Approach
Click on sections of the circle to view more information.
- Accessible housing design, major and minor adaptations e.g. equipment provision, such as bath hoist boards raised toilet seat, grab rails, shower/wet rooms, kitchens, ramps and stair lifts
Education and Training
- Education and training e.g. life skills training and development course e.g. change management anxiety management, time management, communication skills, assertiveness training, social skills, budgeting skills re-training. Support clients to access courses
Social, Spiritual and Cultural
- We can support people to access local community services to engage in activities they in enjoy e.g hobbies we take into consideration cultural and spiritual needs
- Support clients to use public transport or arrange community transport services
Finance and Money
- We can support clients to optimise their income, claim benefits that they are entitled to such as Personal independence Payment, and the Disabled Facilities Grants
Parent or caring relationships
- We help you to identify the impact of your disability on your relationships in gener and on your role as a parent or carer
Work and Occupation
- We can liaise with employers to retain you in work and make adjustments to the work environment. Support clients to achieve their optimal performance in all activities of every daily living
Personal Care and Physical Wellbeing
- We offer advice on managing everyday tasks, such as managing your personal care and safe mobility around your home
- We can recommend specialist equipment to help you with activities, such as getting in and out of the bath or on and off the toilet, and assistive technology
Medical and Other Forms of Treatment
- We can liaise with your doctor or other professionals involved in your care to ensure that you get the care and support you may need, such as physical health investigations or psychological therapies
The whole person approach involves using a mixture of resources, techniques, skills, and the practitioner’s expert knowledge, wisdom and intuition to bring benefit to their patient. The approach considers the mind-body connection in every patient or client, taking account of their emotional state and exploring their sense of meaning and belonging. It is looking at the bigger picture that includes relationships, the community and the physical environment. The whole person approach strives to create health and well being as well as treating illness.
- Empowering the patient to value himself or herself by listening to their concerns with attention and offering tools to help.
- Considering the mind-body connection when making an assessment of patient’s problems and when suggesting treatment
- Exploring meaning and purpose
- Looking at the bigger picture that includes relationships, the community and the physical environment
- Creating health and healing as well as treating illness
Our Core Values
Customer satisfaction is our main priority. We aim to deliver comprehensive, professional high quality services that make a difference. .
We want our customers to feel secure in the knowledge that they can:
- Trust that we will be reliable, and truthful in all that we do.
- Expect Integrity at all times and that we will act ethically and with honesty
- Expect us to be Respectful and polite at all times and demonstrate a courteous consideration for your feelings
- Expect Commitment that we will transform promises into reality
- Expect Fulfilment that customer satisfaction and happiness will be acquired from our achievement